Friday, October 19, 2012

The Seven Silly Eaters ~ Mary Ann Hoberman

"Peter wants only milk, Lucy won't settle for anything except pink lemonade, and Jack is stuck on applesauce. Each new addition to the Peters household brings a new demand for a special meal. What's a mother to do? Even though Mrs. Peters picks, peels, strains, scrapes, poaches, fries, and kneads, the requests for special food keep coming. It isn't until her birthday arrives that a present form her children solves the picky-eater problem and surprises everyone." 
Our children love to snuggle down with this entertaining, rhyming story of a large family. Full of laughs, (and sometimes relate-able circumstances) colorful and funny illustration, the Silly Eaters is a good book to add to your children's library.

Indecency: None
Violence: None
Language: None
Age Interest: 3-8 (On second thought, I enjoy it as much as them. 3-18) :D


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, Bria! I have thought of reviewing this on my blog lately, haha :). Our Aunt read this to my younger sister and I years ago, but she brought it earlier this year to read to the younger four. Mommy bought it soon after that, and it has become Emmi's (the two year old) favorite book :). I love it also, but then, I like a lot of children's books. I think I get it from fore-mentioned Aunt. We justify it with the fact that adult write them ;).